Zantac Lawsuit


Researching drug company and regulatory malfeasance for over 16 years
Humanist, humorist

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Glaxo's Cervarix Ads Pulled!



Journalist Christina England writes about her complaint to the Advertising Standards Authority [ASA] regarding a bunch of adverts she saw promoting GlaxoSmithKline's Cervarix vaccine.

Christine, who writes on the American Chronicle website, became so incensed when she saw these ads that she complained to the ASA:

From the American Chronicle:

In February 2010, I wrote an article entitled Cervarix HPV vaccine adverts are untrue and should be banned. In the article I explained my outrage at the adverts in the UK advertising the Cervarix vaccine. At the time the UK advertising campaign used the phrase 'Armed for life' as their campaign slogan. This was an outright lie as this vaccine does not 'arm' teenagers for life against cervical cancer. I felt so strongly about these lies that I wrote to the Advertising Standards Authority and complained. I sent a very strong letter and backed it up with evidence. Imagine my surprise when I received a letter back stating:

"Based on the information you provided, it appears you have a valid point and with a view to acting quickly, we have instructed the advertisers to change the ad.We have asked them to amend the ad so that either the text 'for life' is removed from the claim 'Arm yourself for life', or the text 'The vaccine and regular cervical screening will help protect you for life' is added to clarify the headline claim."

As a result of my complaint my local Primary Care Trust decided to remove all the adverts instead. Gradually all the adverts disappeared.

Congratulations Christina. It just goes to show that determination and tenacity go a long way.

Read Christina's full article HERE


Fid

ORDER THE PAPERBACK
'THE EVIDENCE, HOWEVER, IS CLEAR...THE SEROXAT SCANDAL' By Bob Fiddaman
SIGNED COPIES HERE OR UNSIGNED FROM CHIPMUNKA PUBLISHING

No comments:


Please contact me if you would like a guest post considered for publication on my blog.