Zantac Lawsuit


Researching drug company and regulatory malfeasance for over 16 years
Humanist, humorist

Sunday, January 05, 2014

Hey Glaxo, Can You Send me Some Champagne?




The countdown starts.

I started writing this blog back in 2006. I was peeved at the way the MHRA [UK Medicine (ahem) Regulators] were handling a series of emails I had sent to them about the antidepressant Seroxat [known as Paxil in the US]

I'm not going to go into detail of why I pursued and dug deeper, I've already done that in my book.

Well, one look at my blog counter and you will note that I'm just over 5,000 clicks off a million hits.

With that in mind I wish to share with you all an open letter to Glaxo CEO, Andrew Witty - that's Sir Andrew if you believe all the hype behind that regal pomp.

Dear Mr Witty,
Seeing as your American lawyers King & Spalding have been keeping tabs on me over the past few weeks I feel it's a great opportunity to ask you if you would like to donate a couple of bottles of the finest champagne to a worthy cause?


As you are probably aware my blog has been running for some considerable time now and I am fast approaching 1 million views. I'd love to celebrate that millionth hit with a couple of bottles of champagne. I'll toast your [ahem] good name and those of past employees of Glaxo.
You may think I'm being greedy asking for two bottles but there's a reason I am requesting a set. You see, one is for me and me alone. I think I deserve it after highlighting stories of GSK, stories that the mainstream have avoided like the plague. You should be thanking me for bringing these stories to your attention Andy baby.
The other bottle will be for more sombre purposes. I wish to toast the dead kids killed by Seroxat. I wish to toast the dead fetuses mothers were forced to abort because Seroxat caused severe birth defects. I wish to toast all those who suffered severe withdrawal at the hands of Seroxat. I also wish to toast those who are still hooked on Seroxat because they have become addicted to it.
Hmmm, I'm thinking two bottles won't even scratch the surface. Maybe a crate will suffice?
I'm not much of a connoisseur when it comes to champagne, I'm more of a beer person, but this is a special occasion, don't you think Andy?
One million hits, that's one million people who have read the work of a nobody. The guy who was wasting his time because GSK will just ignore him and he will, like so many others, just disappear.

I'm still here Andy. 

I may just be a flea on a giant sewer rat but I'm betting that I have become annoying hey? How's that itch on the rat, has it spread to a rash yet?
Your American attorneys will no doubt tell you that I'm sitting on something pretty powerful, something that will question your recent comments regarding Glaxo's past behaviour. "All part of an era", I think you were quoted as saying?
Well, sadly, it's not all part of an era. The concealment is very much alive today, just ask King & Spalding.
Hey, you ever thought about meeting with Seroxat victims, you know, the parents who lost their kids because they killed themselves whilst on your drug. How about the mother's who gave birth to babies who had birth defects or those who had to abort because the Seroxat had caused so much damage that the chances of survival for the children they were carrying were slim to zero.
So, just a simple request. A crate of your finest.
Oh, don't get popping those corks and replacing them either.
Here's to a million more.
Yours sincerely
Bob Fiddaman

Blogger
Published author
Flea



No comments:


Please contact me if you would like a guest post considered for publication on my blog.